Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) management software designed for your team
- Individual prescription support
- Treatment results and analysis
- Patient follow-up with an in-depth overview of PD therapy
At a glance
Simplifying PD management
Fresenius Medical Care’s PatientOnLine software facilitates truly individualised PD therapy management. It is designed to support clinical decision making and increase team efficiency by improving accessibility to patient therapy information. Evidence-based prescription modelling and intuitive reporting assist you in achieving PD adequacy goals by generating more accurate, individually-tailored treatment regimens.
PatientOnLine enhances clinical work flows
PatientOnLine integrates the entire PD therapy process with clinical assessment tools that fit easily into your daily routine. This software dramatically changes the way patient data supports clinical work flow, giving you a complete overview and control of all aspects of PD.
Understanding the current patient condition better
Adequate dialysis has a significant impact on patient outcome. PatientOnLine assists you in achieving adequate dialysis by quickly summarising the vast amounts of patient-specific parameters needed to create and assess a prescription. PatientOnLine provides solid clinical information that facilitates your decision-making and optimises treatment for the benefit of the patient.
With PatientOnLine you can:
- Easily determine the right treatment modality for your patients.
- Improve dialysis adequacy by individualising your patients’ CAPD or APD treatments.
- Use the prescription modelling tool to predict if your patients will reach dialysis targets.
- Quickly and easily navigate through large amounts of detailed medical information required to analyse current patient status.
- Eliminate the trial and error phase and improve the accuracy of prescription development.
- Use the software for multiple modalities (CAPD, APD or a combination of both).
- Bring transparency to current patient status by factoring in the adequacy test results of your choice (Peritoneal Function Test (PFT) or Peritoneal Equilibration Test (PET) + 24-hour batch collection)
Get decision reassurance with adequacy and prescription modeling
PatientOnLine enhances your decision making process by predicting the outcome of proposed changes before they are made. This feature makes it easier to modify and individualise treatments for challenges during PD.
PD challenges are things such as:
- Changes in the peritoneal membrane
- Changes in weight and nutrition
- Changes in ultrafiltration
- Decline in residual renal function
- Fluid management
The approach you take is entirely up to you
Because it is designed to work with you, PatientOnLine gives you options. You can create a new prescription or predict the outcome of an existing one.
- Enter your desired dialysis targets and PatientOnLine will generate a prescription
- Enter a prescription and PatientOnLine will provide you with possible dialysis outcomes
|All the information you need in one place
|PatientOnLine delivers a complete specialised PD management solution for the entire renal care team. It is designed around the work flow of your clinical staff, giving them fast, easy access to important patient data. The team spends less time managing the data and more time focusing on patient care.
|Clinical team members can:
Save even more time with device integration
|PatientOnLine increases clinical productivity by reducing the staff time needed to perform tasks that can be done quickly and easily by devices. Clinical staff can easily transfer and update patient information using the APD cyclers or the BCM-Body Composition Monitor to the PatientOnLine software.
- Better information means that your medical team can refine their therapeutic decisions and objectively choose between various strategies, creating greater benefits for all patients.
- Better understand current patient conditions by analysing the trends of key medical parameters such as renal function, clearances and nutritional status.
- Evaluate individual patients or your entire patient population to identify how many are reaching adequacy targets and other parameters.
- Easily create performance related reports for clinical benchmarking, such as infection rate analysis.
- Comprehensive and insightful statistical analysis gives you the chance to investigate and initiate new research topics.
Advanced features, more options
Single patient statistics – trends:
- Residual renal function
- Nutritional status
- Laboratory data, etc.
Statistics for groups of patients:
- Flexible, user-defined criteria for creating patient groups
- Histograms – the distribution of patients for a certain parameter
- Cross-correlations – dependencies between various medical parameters
To help improve clinical effectiveness, Fresenius Medical Care offers complimentary services for PatientOnLine implementation and ongoing support. These services will significantly improve the value you derive from the software, improving your overall return on investment and satisfaction.
Our local support teams are trained to work with your technical and clinical staff to ensure that PatientOnLine software is available and meeting your clinical needs.
Adverse Events Reporting
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at
https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple app store. Adverse events should also be reported to Fresenius Medical Care on 01623 445100.
UK/HEMA/FME/0922/0005 Date of Preparation: November 2022